CONSTRUCTION WORK MUST BE INSPECTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE INSTRUCTIONS. THIS OFFICE WILL CARRY OUT SUCH PERIODIC INSPECTIONS DURING THE PROGRESS OF WORK TO OBSERVE THAT WORK INSTALLED CONFORMS TO APPROVED PLANS AND APPLICABLE CODES.
THE OWNER OR OTHER RESPONSIBLE PERSON IN CHARGE OF WORK MUST NOTIFY THIS OFFICE WHEN WORK IS READY FOR ANY INSPECTIONS SPECIFIED BELOW. REQUESTS FOR INSPECTIONS MUST BE MADE AT LEAST 24 HOURS PRIOR TO THE TIME INSPECTION IS DESIRED. INSPECTIONS WILL BE PERFORMED WITHIN TWO BUSINESS DAYS OF THE TIME FOR WHICH THEY ARE REQUESTED. THE WORK MUST NOT PROCEED IN A MANNER, WHICH WILL PRECLUDE THE INSPECTION UNTIL IT HAS BEEN MADE AND APPROVAL GIVEN.
**Please note that no work may begin prior to receipt of the building permit.**
- The bottom of footing trenches before placement of footings.
- The foundations and all walls up to grade level prior to backfilling.
- Rough-in plumbing & electrical (prior to insulating). Note: Plumbing tests are required for all water lines or drainage lines, water lines require 60 lbs.; drainage lines require 5 lbs.
- Final Inspection prior to Issuance of Certificate of Occupancy (New Construction or Re-Sale of Property)
- 3 x 5 card from electrical inspection agency must be submitted to Borough office prior to final inspection. See list below of electrical inspection agencies (the Telford Borough building inspector does not conduct electrical inspections):
It is a violation to occupy property before a Certificate of Occupancy has been issued by the building inspector.
If you have any questions regarding construction or required inspections, please contact the building inspector at (215) 723-5000.